Well with Super Bowl around the corner I figured it was about time to share with all of you my Low Carb Buffalo Wings recipe. Honestly the only reason I watch the Super Bowl is for the commercials and of course a day full of snacking. This year instead of a pile of nachos, why not make your own Low Carb snacks. Starting with these wings. I prefer just using a drummets. They have the most meat on them and are the easier part to eat. The cheapest place that I have found for the drummets at are at Smart and Final. I know there is a wing shortage this year, but my Smart & Final had plenty of bags of drummets left. Aside from being Low Carb this recipe is also a lot healthier since it is not deep-fried. I really hate deep-frying it’s messy, dangerous, and you always end up with a big pot of peanut oil that you can’t decide whether to keep or throw out. Simply steam the wings before hand and bake when your guests start to arrive. This process is so much simpler and your guest wont know the difference.
- 1 4 lb bag of Drummets, or Wings what ever you prefer
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Dry Mix
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1 bottle of Louisiana Style Hot Sauce
- Place drummets in a large steamer pot and steam for 10 minutes. Steam in batches. Do not stack them on top of each other.
- Transfer drummets to a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Place another layer of paper towels on top and place in the fridge until your guests start to arrive. Refrigerate for at least one hour to drain off excess moisture from the drummets.
- Remove drummets from the fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°f.
- Using a sifter dust the drummets with half of the dry ranch mix.
- Flip them over and dust the other side.
- Transfer drummets to an aluminum foil lined baking sheet that has been throughly sprayed with non-stick.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for another 20 minutes until drummets are golden brown.
- While the drummets are baking, in a bowl combine hot sauce and melted butter.
- Transfer chicken to the bowl. Mix chicken in the hot sauce throughly.
- Serve with Ranch Dressing for dipping. Enjoy!